Last day of term Friday 12th April
School closes usual time - buses running as normal
Franklin Multicultural Festival
We at Waiau Pa, are so proud of our students that represented us at the Franklin Multicultural Festival in Pukekohe. The Top School teams worked well together and supported each other through the various challenges, while our Kapa Haka group performed to a high standard during the evening show. Well done to all!
Reuben throws straight and true for 5 points
The Rimu team works hard to hit the tennis ball across the park.
Harry leads a fierce Haka
Waiau Pa is a semi-rural school located 15 mins from Papakura and Pukekohe. The school is set in magnificent grounds with native trees, extensive play areas and attractive buildings and classrooms. There are approximately 350 pupils Years 1 – 8. We provide a strong emphasis on literacy and numeracy and recognise the talents and abilities of all students through a range of exciting and varied programmes.
These programmes include:
• Kapahaka and Cultural connections
• Rich student leadership initiatives for our Intermediate Students
• Syndicate Sports
• Regular participation in Franklin Sporting Events
• Performing Arts experiences including Jump Jam and Specialist Music
• Environmental School's programme - We are currently aiming for our GOLD Enviro Schools Award!
• Technology opportunities including participation in Auckland's Robocup competition
And our annual Calf Club event.
Waiau Pa enhances student learning through digital technology, values based curriculum, and a specialist music / performing arts program.
At Waiau Pa our core business is teaching & learning and providing nothing but the best experiences for our students both in and out of the classroom.
The Arts, sports and culture are valued and are an integral part of our varied programme.
We are proud of 'Our Place'